Did you know that Walt Disney World Resort in Florida has its own amazing queue-jump system called Disney FastPass+? You can use it for attractions, Character meet-and-greets, shows and lots more. And even better, you can actually pre-book your Disney FastPass+ selections up to 60 days before you even arrive!*
How does the Disney FastPass+ work?
To book your Disney Fastpass+, you’ll need have a My Disney Experience profile. To log in and create a profile, you’ll need the unique code from the back of your Disney ticket. You can log in on your computer, or download the My Disney Experience app – which you’ll be able to use while you’re in Florida since all the parks and hotels have free wifi!
You can even link up the profiles of everyone who’s going to Walt Disney World Resort with you. Once you’ve created your profile it’s easy to book your Disney FastPass+!
How to book your Disney Fastpass+:
1. Sign into My Disney Experience: Ensure all your party members are linked together and find the link to the Disney FastPass+page.
2. Click the link for “Choose New FastPass+ Experiences” then select the party members you want to include in your reservations. The next page asks for the park and the date (you need to book the Disney Fastpass+ for each day individually).
3. You can select 3 attractions or experiences per day for each person. Select your Disney FastPass+ choices and it’ll suggest times. Each time is an hour slot, unless it’s for a show when you’ll be given the 15-minute time frame you need to arrive at the venue for.
Tip: You CAN change these times later by going back into your Disney Fastpass+ reservations.
4. If your party needs to split up: Say if some children are too young to go on certain attractions but other children can, you’ll need to book the Disney FastPass+ separately, but make sure that any attractions you do want to experience together are booked for the same time.
5. Your Disney Fastpass+ are reserved!
6. At the parks: When your selection times roll around, simply make your way to the clearly marked Disney FastPass+ entrance for the attraction, scan your ticket or MagicBand and enjoy the attraction!
Extra Bonus Tip: Try to book your 3 daily Disney FastPass+ for quite early in the day, as once you’ve used all 3 you can often get more!
Which Attractions to use your Disney FastPass+ on:
Firstly – I’ll quickly explain the Tier System:
- At Magic Kingdom Park, you can book Disney FastPass+ for any applicable attraction.
- At the other 3 Disney Theme Parks, many of the attractions operate on a “Tier System”. This basically allows you to choose a maximum of one attraction from Tier 1, and two from Tier 2, for your 3 Disney FastPass+ selections.
Magic Kingdom Park
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Make this your number one Disney FastPass+ priority! As well as being one of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom Park, its low height restriction means pretty much everyone can ride it, so even on quiet days the queues can be over an hour long.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Attractions at Pandora – The World of AVATAR (Tier 1)
It won’t come as any surprise that both AVATAR Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey are two of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort. As they’re both in Tier 1, it’s recommended to get a Disney FastPass+ for one and turn up early-doors for the other for the shortest queues!
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain (Tier 2)
This attractions is one of the most popular in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and arguably one of the most exciting at Walt Disney World Resort. As Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park closes earlier than the other parks, there’s no “quieter” time of day like the parks that stay open at night.
Kilimanjaro Safaris (Tier 2)
In my opinion this is one of the best attractions in the whole of Walt Disney World Resort – and I know I’m not alone! Set up like a real-life African safari, it’s seriously breathtaking. Although queues are usually only around the 40-minute mark, I recommend booking a Disney FastPass+ for the morning when the animals are most active for some amazing photo opportunities.
Frozen Ever After (Tier 1)
This boat ride through Arendelle is one of the milder attractions, making it super-popular with younger families.
Test Track & Soarin’ Around The World (Tier 1)
These are the two of the most popular attractions at Epcot, so expect queues! If you’re only spending one day at Epcot, use your Disney Fastpass+ for one of them and head straight for the other at rope-drop. If you’ll be there for 2 or more days, you can use your Disney Fastpass+ for one per day.
Mission: SPACE (Tier 2)
Another mega-popular attraction with queues to match, though thankfully this is a Tier 2 attraction so you can select it along with one of the two mentioned above.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
All the Attractions at Toy Story Land (Tier 1)
Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania… These attractions are all hugely in demand and you will NEED a Disney FastPass+ if you don’t want a really long wait!
The Twilight Zone Tower of TerrorTM** (Tier 2)
One of the two big-thrill attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the queues can get super-long, so if you’re into adrenaline make this one of your Disney Fastpass+ selections.
Which Attractions not to bother using your Disney FastPass+ on:
Personally, I wouldn’t bother using a Disney FastPass+ reservation for a show or parade unless you have a spare one to use up. All the shows have excellent views available without it!
All Disney tickets that are booked in advance include My Disney Experience and Disney FastPass+. Book Disney Theme Park tickets more than 30 days before you go to really get the benefits!
Find out more about Disney FastPass+
*Booking Fastpasses up to 60 days in advance only applies if you’re staying in a Disney World Resort hotel, otherwise it’s 30 days before you arrive.
**The Twilight Zone is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc. and is used with permission pursuant to a license from CBS, Inc.