Florida Holiday Checklist
The Ultimate Checklist for everything you need to plan an incredible holiday in Florida!
Make sure you don’t forget anything important when planning your holiday of a lifetime in Florida! Use this checklist to remember what you need to plan in advance, and when to do it, to make your holiday as stress-free as possible.
499 days to go
- If you are super-organised and have a future Florida trip in mind, you are now able to reserve rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
2 years to go
- Planning to travel at a busy time like the school holidays? Private villas can be so popular that you’ll need to book this far in advance, so it’s a good idea to start contacting villa owners for quotes.
18 months to go
- Fly-drive packages are now available to book with some operators.
1 YEAR to go
- Book your package holiday, hotel or private villa
- Hiring a car? Bookings can be made from now
- Planning to stay at Walt Disney World Resort or Universal Orlando Resort? Book your accommodation now!
- Airport parking can be booked at most airports
- Need an airport hotel room the night before you fly to Florida? Reservations can be made from now.
330 days to go
- Going to Disney World? Set up a My Disney Experience account and link your resort details (always an exciting moment!)
11 months to go
- Book charter flights and reserve your seats
6 months to go
- Make sure your passport has at least 6 months left. If not, apply for a new one now!
- Apply for your ESTA – the Electronic System for Travel Authorization which you must complete before travelling to the USA
- Not a British Citizen? You might need a Visa from the American Embassy. This can take a long time so get it done ASAP
- Arrange a pet-sitter, especially if you’re going away in busy season.
- Think about starting to buy your dollars! It’s nice to spread the cost by getting some each week or receiving them for birthdays, Valentines, Mother’s Day etc.
- Start thinking about what clothes you’re going to pack, so you have time to buy anything extra
- Book Disney World Advanced Dining Reservations, especially if you’re travelling peak season (available to book 180 days in advance). Staying in a Disney World hotel? You can book dining for the rst 10 days of your holiday at the 180-day window.
- Book Disney experiences like Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique (available to book 180 days in advance)
3 months to go
- Book Disney tickets and link them in My Disney Experience so you can book your FastPasses well in advance!
2 months to go
- Make Disney FastPass+ reservations if you’re staying at a Disney World Hotel (available to book 60 days in advance)
1 month to go
- Buy sun cream and any other toiletries
- Make sure you have a few US plug adaptors
- Last chance to customise your Disney Magic Band!
- Make Disney FastPass+ reservations if you’re not staying at a Disney World hotel (available to book 30 days in advance)
- Get the suitcases down from the loft
- Start washing and packing clothes
- Check any medication is all sealed and in-date, apply for any repeat prescriptions and/or GP medical notes
- Make sure you have travel insurance, and remember to inform them of any medical conditions
- Let your credit card company know if you’ll be using your card in the US.
2 weeks to go
- Double-check & print/photocopy all reservations, tickets and confirmations.
- Move any important emails into a “Holiday” folder in your email and phone
- Screen shot any My Disney Experience important dates and numbers.
- Cancel any newspapers, milk, window cleaners etc.
5 days to go
- Make sure your packing is almost finished!
- Book your taxi to the airport (and don’t forget the return journey!)
3 days to go
- Make sure your travelling outfit is ready
- Sign up for as many discount vouchers for shopping and restaurants as you can
24 hours to go
- Online check-in with some car hire and airlines
- Make sure you have all your travel documents to hand
- Finish packing your suitcase and hand luggage
- Make sure you’ve packed your passport and toothbrush!
- Ensure all electricals are charged and cables/ plugs are packed
- Set your alarm and get a good night’s sleep!
Florida here we come!!!