Universal's Islands Of Adventure
Get ready to have fun with your favourite childhood heroes, comic book stars and cartoon characters at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, one of three awesome theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort.
Have you always wondered what it would be like to swing through the city with Spider-Man? Or how you would survive on Skull Island: Reign of Kong? And make sure you check out the new set of tracks making its way through the jungle: roller coaster tracks, rising high above the Jurassic Park terrain. You’ll feel the rush of the hunt as you ride through the Velociraptor paddock and race alongside these fierce predators. Jurassic World VelociCoaster is now open.
Universal’s Islands of Adventure is also home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Hogsmeade™, where for the first time ever, join Hagrid™ as you fly deep into the Forbidden Forest, beyond the grounds of Hogwarts™ castle, on a thrilling roller coaster ride to discover the rarest magical creatures.
Discover Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal's Islands of Adventure is made up of these themed areas:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™
Explore Hogwarts™ castle, eat at the Three Broomsticks™ and come face-to-face with enchanting creatures as you soar over the castle.
Plus you can travel between both lands of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ by riding the Hogwarts™ Express# between Hogsmeade™ Station in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and King's Cross Station at Universal Studios Florida!
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™
For the first time ever, join Hagrid™ as you fly deep into the wilds of the Forbidden Forest, beyond the grounds of Hogwarts™ castle, on a thrilling roller coaster ride that plunges into the paths of some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™ - Universal’s most highly themed, immersive coaster is only at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™, at Universal Orlando Resort.
Find out more about The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™
Staying at Universal Orlando hotel? You’ll be able to enjoy Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ one hour before the theme park opens ( select attractions, valid ticket required) , so we recommend heading for this section first before the regular guests enter the park!
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
Brave the dangers of a mysterious island where few have dared to venture. On your treacherous jungle expedition, prehistoric predators and vile creatures attack from all sides. Just as all seems lost, the most colossal ape ever to walk the Earth—King Kong—hurls himself between you and certain doom.
Is he your hero or the ultimate foe?
Live the brutal struggle of a 1930s expedition to a mysterious island. As you journey deep into the dark heart of the jungle, your crew is swarmed by unspeakable creatures and attacked by enormous prehistoric predators. Your only hope is the most colossal ape ever to walk the earth. As the beasts fight for dominance, you will just fight to survive….
Marvel Super Hero Island
This is where you will see your favourite Super Heroes.
Our top things to do in Marvel Super Hero Island®:
- Doctor Doom's Fearfall®: Blast 185 feet into the sky and then hurl back down.
- Storm Force Acceleration®: Board Professor Xavier's power generator and spin as fast as you can.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®: Soar above the streets, scale skyscrapers and battle bad guys left and right.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster®: You launch up to 67mph as Hulk-like power propels you upside down into a zero-gravity roll, racing faster and faster.
This island is home to over 150 life-size sculptures dedicated to your favourite cartoon characters!
Our top things to do in Toon Lagoon®:
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls®: Part roller coaster, part water flume, this ride combines the fun of the classic cartoons with edge-of-your-seat action.
- Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges®: Hold on tight as you brave your way through raging rapids.
- Me Ship, The Olive®: Across three decks you'll find passageways, slides, climbing nets, horns, an interactive piano, and more.
A creation 65 million years in the making!
Our top things to do in Jurassic Park:
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster: Feel the rush of the hunt as you race through the jungle alongside Velociraptors. Jurassic World VelociCoaster is now open.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure: One minute, you’re gliding along in your raft. The next, you’re face to face with a giant T. rex.
- Raptor Encounter: Brave a visit to the Raptor Encounter for a chance to see the most recognizable member of the park’s raptor pack: Blue.
- Pteranodon Flyers: Taking flight beneath the 10-foot wings of a Pteranodon, little adventurers will get an amazing view of all the theme-park excitement below.
- Camp Jurassic: This mega recreation area is a multi-level prehistoric playground where kids can have mammoth-sized fun.
- Jurassic Park Discovery Centre: Unearth the mysteries of our planet's prehistoric past at this interactive centre.
The Lost Continent
Encounter epic adventures on this ancient island populated by mythical gods, mysterious beasts and mystical wizards.
Our top things to do in The Lost Continent:
- Make a wish on the Mystic Fountain, but watch out for the mischievous spirit that lives inside it!
- Poseidon’s Fury: This show takes you under the sea in an explosion of fire and water with spectacular special effects.
Kids of all ages (and mums and dads too) love the Dr. Seuss books, and little ones especially won’t want to leave this whimsical, colourful world where they can become part of his best-loved children’s stories!
Our top things to do in Seuss Landing™:
- Caro-Seuss-el™: Climb aboard this sensationally Seussian twist on a classic carnival ride.
- The Cat in the Hat™: Grab a seat and swerve this way and that through The Cat in the Hat™.
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™: Sit back and relax as you wind your way above the imaginative buildings and rides of Seuss Landing™.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™: Climb inside your very own Dr. Seuss flying fish.
Universal's Islands of Adventure Rides
There are so many awesome rides at Universal’s Islands of Adventure- so here are just a few of our favourites!
Universal’s Islands of Adventure operates a Child Swap (select attractions) for guests visiting with small children or babies. One of your group can take their turn on a ride whilst the other one takes care of the little one, then you can swap without having to get back in the queue!
Thrill Rides – Our Top Picks
To find out about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ rides, see the Guide to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™ and the Guide to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley™
Jurassic World VelociCoaster
Min Height: 51”/130cm
Two intense launches. Four inversions. It’s a new species of roller coaster: Jurassic World VelociCoaster. Now open at Universal Orlando Resort.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Min Height: 54”/4ft6"/137cm
You’ve volunteered to take part in a science experiment based on Dr. Bruce Banner’s research—but a blast of gamma radiation changes everything. You launch up to 67 miles per hour as Hulk-like power propels you upside down into a zero-gravity roll, racing faster and faster. Hang on as this high-speed, red-line rampage smashes its way through the sky.
Water Rides – Our Top Picks
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Min Height: 42”/3ft6"/107cm
One minute, you’re gliding along in your raft. The next, you’re face to face with a giant T. rex. There’s nowhere to turn. He’s bearing down on you and your only escape from his razor sharp teeth is to take the pitch-black plunge before you.
Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
Min Height: 44”/3ft8"/113cm
Part roller coaster, part water flume, this ride combines the fun of the classic cartoons with edge-of-your-seat action. As you slosh your way through twists and turns, you'll approach a nail-biting 75-foot drop for the biggest splash of your life.
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges®
Min Height: 44”/3ft8"/113cm
Hold on tight as you brave your way through raging rapids to rescue Popeye’s best gal, Olive Oyl, from blowhard Bluto and a super-sized octopus. You'll laugh. You'll scream. You'll be really wet and squooshy.
Great for Children – Our Top Picks
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®
Min Height: 40”/3ft4"/102cm
Strap on your 3-D glasses and join the world's most famous webslinger on a high-flying adventure. You'll soar above the streets, scale skyscrapers and battle bad guys left and right. Just watch out for the 400-foot freefall.
The Cat in the Hat™
Min Height: 36”/3ft/92cm
Grab a seat and swerve this way and that through The Cat in the Hat™. Each scene has been vividly re-created with colorful characters and crazy motion as you twist from room to room, trying to clean up after The Cat in the Hat™ before Mother comes home.
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™
Min Height: None!
Climb inside your very own Dr. Seuss flying fish. It's equipped with easy-to-use controls that let you maneuver up, up, up and down, down, down as you gently glide around an array of dancing fountains.
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™
Min Height: None!
Sit back and relax as you wind your way above the imaginative buildings and rides of Seuss Landing™ on one of two tracks featuring the Sneetches or the ABCs of your other favorite Seuss stories.
Universal's Islands of Adventure Shows & Attractions - Our Top Picks
Your guided journey through the ancient Temple of Poseidon takes a dramatic turn as you're suddenly caught in a colossal battle between the Greek god of the sea and the evil Lord Darkenon. Fireballs burst, lasers flash, and water erupts around you in this spectacular special effects experience.
Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear!
Head to Seuss Landing™ and take a gander at these daily shows featuring your favorite Dr. Seuss characters dancing to musical "tellings" of the good doctor's best-loved stories.
Universal's Islands of Adventure Restaurants
You can make online reservations for select restaurants at Universal’s Islands of Adventure with opentable.com. Here you can also read reviews and choose your dining time.
You’re also welcome to book into select restaurants while you’re at Universal Orlando Resort - just visit one of the kiosks around the parks or pop into the restaurant itself.
Insider Tip: Grab a bite at Universal CityWalk!
Fancy taking a break from the theme park while you have your meal? Head to Universal CityWalk, where you’ll find all kinds of fabulous eateries!
Full Service Restaurants
This exotic Port of Entry establishment offers global fare influenced by Asian, Mediterranean, Greek and other cuisines with dishes like Chilled Tuna Noodle Bowls and Pad Thai, and Sweet and Sour Sticky Ribs. With a children's menu and full bar service, there’s something to fill up the whole family.
This award-winning, full-service restaurant offers exceptional modern cuisine in a mythical setting that sparks the imagination. Featuring a mix of Mediterranean, Asian and American fare, Mythos' casually elegant, family-friendly menu includes options like Greek salad, Pad Thai, sandwiches, burgers and more.
Quick Service Restaurants
Croissant Moon Bakery
The moon may not be full, but your stomach will be after a stop at this scrumptious shop. Start the morning with a flaky pastry or fresh fruit cup. Make lunch and dinner a snap with a deli sandwich, or salad. And don’t forget to treat yourself to a decadent slice of cheesecake or an awe-inspiring giant cookie.
Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous™
Chow down on crowd-pleasers like fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza, cheeseburgers, and chicken Caesar salad, all while surrounded by a Seuss-inspired circus act. Don't forget to gaze up above and wave to those passing by on the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™ as it circles around the big top.
The Burger Digs
Located just steps away from the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, this quick-service cafe is where our paleontologists take a break from unearthing fossils and dig into more flavorful finds.
Comic Strip Cafe
Read up on classics like Beetle Bailey, Broom-Hilda™, Hagar the Horrible, and more as you choose from delicious options like fried chicken, pizza, burgers, fish and chips, and even Italian and Asian dishes.
Captain America Diner®
Avengers assemble! Superhuman hunger doesn't stand a chance at this star-spangled diner where the heroes take center stage. Enjoy an all-American menu of cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, and more.
If your appetite is as insatiable as Dagwood's, then prepare to stack on the toppings with an array of options. Blondie serves up delectable deli favorites like made-to-order subs, footlong hot dogs, and the famous piled-high Dagwood sandwich.
Thunder Falls Terrace
Enjoy an entertaining view of Jurassic Park River Adventure as you chow down on rotisserie chicken, BBQ ribs, smoked turkey legs, rice bowls, salads, and more.
Green Eggs and Ham™
Join Sam-I-am at the big, green, ham-shaped building with the giant fork on top to discover your new favorite meal: a Green Eggs and Ham tator tot. You'll want to eat it in a box, with a fox, and everywhere in between. You never know what you might like until you try it, so sample one of Sam-I-am's smore’s too. They may not be green, but they're just as delicious.
These are just a few of the walk-up windows where you can grab a tasty snack or a drink:
- Cinnabon® - Satisfy your sugar craving with Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Rolls, Caramel Pecanbon® Rolls, and Cinnabon Stix
- Green Eggs and Ham™ Cafe - Join Sam-I-am at the big, green, ham-shaped building with the giant fork on top to discover your new favorite meal: a Green Eggs and Ham tator tot.
- Hop On Pop™ Ice Cream Shop - This shop features simple frozen snacks for beginner dessert lovers, and advanced options for those with more cultivated ice cream expertise.
- Moose Juice, Goose Juice – Whether you're a moose or a goose or anything in between, there’s a juice just for you at this tasty stop.
- Doc Sugrue's Desert Kebab House - If you follow the tempting smoky scent near The Mystic Fountain you'll find this Mediterranean-inspired grill serving up tasty kebabs, Greek salad, and snacks like hummus, fruit, and churros.
- Fire Eater's Grill- This popular food merchant is known for its grilled gyros, fiery Chicken Stingers, traditional chicken fingers, hot dogs, and salads.
- The Watering Hole - hot dogs, wings, chilli, nachos, beer, wine, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- Chill Ice Cream - Even super heroes need a snack break. Scoop up a sundae, milkshake, ice cream float, or freshly made waffle cone.
- Starbucks® - This beloved coffee shop keeps Port of Entry merchants awake and alert all day long. You'll find a menu of pastries, sandwiches, grab-and-go items, teas and (of course) world-famous coffee.
Healthy Dining at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Looking for something a bit healthier among the burgers, chips and pizza?
Many restaurants at Universal Orlando offer healthy side options for the adults’ and children’s meals, including trans-fat-free fries, side salad or fruit. For more info about healthy choices, pick up a theme park guides when you arrive.
Getting around Universal Orlando Resort
Everything’s within walking distance
It’s easy to walk from Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Universal Studios Florida and Universal CityWalk, so don’t worry about needing to get any kind of transport between the parks and entertainment complex! Plus guests who stay at a Universal Orlando hotel receive complimentary transportation to Universal's Volcano Bay and Universal CityWalk.
Ride the Hogwarts Express between parks!
If you’re excited about visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, you’ll know all about the Hogwarts™ Express# that takes you between Diagon Alley™ at Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade™ at Universal's Islands of Adventure. You’ll have a different journey experience depending on which way you’re travelling, so we recommend to travel one way on one day, and the opposite way on a different day!
Staying at one of Universal Orlando’s hotels?
Guests staying at one of Universal Orlando Resort hotels receive complimentary transportation between their hotel and the parks.
Each hotel puts you within minutes of all three theme parks - Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park - as well as the unforgettable dining and entertainment of Universal CityWalk.
Universal's Islands of Adventure Facts
Universal's Islands of Adventure Opening Times
Open 365 days a year
Opening hours normally begin at 9am and closing times vary depending on the season
If you need to know times for a specific date, we recommend checking with the park just before you visit.
Parking at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Parking Prices per day**:
Car or Motorcyclefrom $22
Prime Parkingfrom $35
RV or Busfrom $25
* Not valid during Halloween Horror Nights. Additional restrictions may apply and are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Universal Orlando Resort has an enclosed parking garage with travelators, escalators and lifts.
You are welcome to leave the car park and return the same day without paying again – just make sure you keep your parking ticket with you as you will need to show it at the toll plaza when you re-enter.
- All dining and shopping facilities at Universal Orlando Resort are wheelchair accessible.
- All queues are accessible to guests using manual wheelchairs (with the exception of Pteranodon Flyers at Universal’s Islands of Adventure).
- On some rides and attractions, guests will be able to remain in their wheelchair. On others you may need to transfer to the ride vehicle seating.
- ECVs or electric wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on the rides and attractions at Universal Orlando Resort because of their dramatic movements. Guests will be provided with a standard wheelchair for those rides that can accommodate them.
- Specific boarding requirements are listed at each attraction
- Outdoor stage shows have accessible viewing areas.
Deaf or hard of hearing:
American Sign Language interpreting services are available on a daily basis at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure at no charge. Please refer to the guide map for interpreted performances upon arriving at the resort. [email protected]
Scripts outlining the dialogue in many of the attraction experiences are available in large font and embossed in Braille at the Guest Services lobby at both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Guests must remove all prosthetic limbs before riding the following attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces:
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Guests should properly secure or remove all prosthetic limbs before riding the following attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces:
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
Any guest with prosthetic arms or hands will be required to ensure the limb is properly attached and able to grasp the ride restraint. Certain hand, arm, leg, and joint elements may be required to ride safely. Guests should properly secure all prosthetic limbs before riding attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces.
How to get to Universal Studios Florida:
Address: 6000 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819
From I-4 Westbound (Downtown Orlando):
- Take I-4 West to exit 74B
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
From I-4 Eastbound (Disney/Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee):
- Take I-4 East to exit 75A
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
From Orlando International Airport:
- Take SR-528 West 11 miles to I-4 East
- Take I-4 East 2 miles to exit 75A
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
What can I bring into Universal’s Islands of Adventure?
Universal’s Islands of Adventure has plenty of eateries offering every kind of cuisine imaginable, there’ll be something to suit every palate and pocket, from fine dining to counter service restaurants and walk-up food windows for a quick bite on-the-go..
Because there are plenty of places to eat and drink at Universal's Islands of Adventure, bringing your own food is generally discouraged, but there are some items which are allowed into the park:
- Bottled water
- Baby food/baby formula
- Small snacks that do not require heating
- Any food required for special dietary needs
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
- Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
- Alcohol and glass containers
- Food that requires heating or refrigeration
- Hard-sided coolers
- Soft-sided coolers measuring over 8.5" x 6" x 6"
- Coolers, suitcases or bags with wheels
- Folding chairs
- Clothing with offensive language or content
- Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.
Facilities at Universal’s Islands of Adventure include:
- First aid centres
- Child/baby swap areas
- Locker rental
- Nursing facilities & restrooms
- Kennel boarding
- Postal services
- Wheelchair and pushchair rental
The Benefits of Staying at a Universal Orlando Resort Hotel
Universal Orlando Resort has 8 hotels.Guests staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits:
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the parks open (requires theme park admission;Select attractions)
- Complimentary transportation between your Universal hotel and the parks.
- Resort-wide charging privileges with room key
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel.
- COMPLIMENTARY CITYWALK CLUB ACCESS‡ to select venues for the length of your stay (age restrictions apply)
Guests at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel®, or Loews Portofino Bay Hotel can also enjoy:
- FREE* Universal Express Unlimited ride access to skip the regular lines in Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure (Valid theme park admission required. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay).
- Priority Seating at select Universal Orlando restaurants
Looking for Universal's Islands of Adventure tickets?
You've come to the right place! FloridaTix are one of the UK's biggest suppliers of Universal Orlando tickets, bringing you the best prices along with great customer service!
WIZARDING WORLD and all related trademarks, characters, names, and indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s21)
Before visiting Universal Orlando, review the safety guidelines at UniversalOrlando.com/SafetyInfo.
#Additional restrictions apply.
†Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins up to one (1) hour prior to regular scheduled park opening to either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure as determined by Universal Orlando. Early Park Admission begins up to one (1) hour prior to regular scheduled park opening for Universal’s Volcano Bay. Valid at select attractions at each park. Attractions are subject to substitutions without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
*Requires theme park admission. Valid only at participating rides and attractions in Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay. Excludes separately ticketed events. Park-to-Park admission required to board the Hogwarts™ Express. Benefit valid only for guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel® and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay. Available during normal theme park operating hours only. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.
‡Valid for registered hotel guests for the length of stay. Not valid for separately ticketed concerts and special events. Some venues require ages 21 or older and a cover charge for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Does not include admission to Universal Cinemark or Hollywood Drive-in Golf™. Subject to availability. Restrictions apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.
Jurassic Park and Jurassic World TM & © 2021 Universal Studios LLC and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 MARVEL. Popeye © 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc. TM Hearst Holdings, Inc. Dr. Seuss properties TM & © 2021 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved. Cinnabon ®, Inc. © 2021 Starbucks Coffee Company. All rights reserved. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.