The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
You'll find magical spells, dark villains and daring heroes at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™!
Explore Hogwarts™ castle, eat at the Three Broomsticks™ and come face-to-face with enchanting creatures as you soar over the castle.
Plus you can travel between both lands of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ by riding the Hogwarts™ Express# between Hogsmeade™ Station in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and King's Cross Station at Universal Studios Florida!
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™
For the first time ever, join Hagrid™ as you fly deep into the wilds of the Forbidden Forest, beyond the grounds of Hogwarts™ castle, on a thrilling roller coaster ride that plunges into the paths of some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™ - Universal’s most highly themed, immersive coaster - Now Open. Only at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™, at Universal Orlando Resort.
Staying at Universal Orlando hotel? You’ll be able to enjoy Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ one hour before the theme park opens ( selevt attractions, valid ticket required) , so we recommend heading for this section first before the regular guests enter the park!
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
A fierce realm is rising to Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Skull Island: Reign of Kong is a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional, monstrous ride.
Live the brutal struggle of a 1930s expedition to a mysterious island. As you journey deep into the dark heart of the jungle, your crew is swarmed by unspeakable creatures and attacked by enormous prehistoric predators. Your only hope is the most colossal ape ever to walk the earth. As the beasts fight for dominance, you will just fight to survive….
Marvel Super Hero Island
This comic book city is where you’ll see the world’s mightiest Super Heroes as they face off against their most diabolical arch-enemies!
Our top things to do in Marvel Super Hero Island®:
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall®: A diabolical device created to extract every ounce of fear from your body!
- Storm Force Accelatron®: Help the X-Men's Super Hero Storm battle the evil Magneto
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®: Swing and soar above the city streets – just like Spidey himself
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster®: Hulk-like power propels you upside-down into a weightless zero-gravity roll, racing faster and faster down the track. Hang on with superhuman strength!
This island is home to over 150 life-size sculptures dedicated to your favourite cartoon characters!
Our top things to do in Toon Lagoon®:
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls®: Join Dudley for a crazy flume ride with a “dynamite” ending
- Me Ship, The Olive®: Kids can explore the fun-packed decks of Popeye®’s boat on this 3-level interactive play area!
- Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges®: A hair-raising, white-water raft ride; you’ll wish you’d brought your spinach – and a towel!
A creation 65 million years in the making!
Our top things to do in Jurassic Park:
- Camp Jurassic: Kids can explore secret caves and wander through a mysterious mine in this prehistoric playground
- Jurassic Park River Adventure: This river raft ride is perfect for a hot day – because you could get wet!
- Pteranodon Flyers: Glide over the treetops and get a bird’s-eye view of earth’s most primitive past
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center: See the fossilised remains of a gigantic T. rex, watch a Velociraptor hatching from its egg and more prehistoric miracles!
- Raptor Encounter: Those brave enough to visit the Raptor Encounter will have a chance to see the newest addition to the park’s raptor pack- Blue.
The Lost Continent
Encounter epic adventures on this ancient island populated by mythical gods, mysterious beasts and mystical wizards.
Our top things to do in The Lost Continent:
- Make a wish on the Mystic Fountain, but watch out for the mischievous spirit that lives inside it!
- Poseidon’s Fury: This show takes you under the sea in an explosion of fire and water with spectacular special effects.
Kids of all ages (and mums and dads too) love the Dr. Seuss books, and little ones especially won’t want to leave this whimsical, colourful world where they can become part of his best-loved children’s stories!
Our top things to do in Seuss Landing™:
- Go for a whirl on the Caro-Seuss-el™ - a firm favourite with toddlers!
- Join The Cat in the Hat™ and friends for a crazy spin on his couch!
- Soar above Seuss Landing™ on The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™
- Steer One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™ through fountains that squirt in time to a musical rhyme!
Thrill Rides – Our Top Picks
To find out about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ rides, see the Guide to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade and the Guide to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
Min Height: 52”/xft/xcm
You'll be strapped into your seat, with menacing Doombots watching your every move. As the countdown reaches zero you’re suddenly rocketed 185ft into the air and then hurled back down, with a face-melting force stronger than gravity itself.
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Min Height: 54”/4ft6"/137cm
Hang on with superhuman strength as this high-speed, red-line rampage smashes its way through the sky.
Water Rides – Our Top Picks
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Min Height: 42”/3ft6"/107cm
This thrilling river raft ride takes you through the jungle of Jurassic Park to see dinosaurs in their natural habitats.
Chaos unfolds as the lights go out, raptors stalk your every move, and your only escape from the terrifying jaws of a T. rex is an 85-foot plunge into total darkness…..
This is one of the park’s most popular rides - especially on a hot day.
The Jurassic Park River Adventure is most suitable for older families, teens and adults.
Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
Min Height: 44”/3ft8"/113cm
You’ll find it hard to keep the grin off your face on this hilarious journey through the Canadian North Woods, and you won’t be able to stay dry either as you take an incredibly steep plummet down Ripsaw Falls-- but prepare to get very, very wet!
Great for Children – Our Top Picks
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Min Height: 40”/3ft4"/102cm
Join your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man on a 3-D adventure that takes you swinging and soaring high above the city streets!
Career through the streets, scale skyscrapers and plummet down in a simulated 400-foot freefall – just like in the Spider-Man films!
For comic connoisseurs, there’s even a cameo by the legendary Spider-Man co-creator, Stan Lee.
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is most suitable for older children, teens and adults. This ride is not suitable for expectant mothers and anyone with neck, back or heart problems.
The Cat in the Hat
Min Height: 36”/3ft/92cm
This is one of the most popular family rides at Universal's Islands of Adventure! Everyone knows the story of “The Cat in the Hat', and this ride recreates it scene for scene – with you in the driving seat (or should that be couch)!
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Min Height: None!
Swim low and fly high on board your own colourful fish, past fountains that squirt you with water in time to the music! Make sure you pay attention to the words and do what they say if you don't want to get wet!
Full Service Restaurants
Serving dishes from around the world, including grilled sandwiches, burgers, soup, salads, fajitas, pasta, and a full bar. The Confisco Grille serves breakfast and lunch daily.
Mythos Restaurant is open for lunch daily, and serves contemporary cuisine including sandwiches, seafood, pizza, pasta and salads.
Counter Service Restaurants
Croissant Moon Bakery
Perfect for a breakfast stop before your day of adventure! Enjoy savoury deli sandwiches, paninis, fresh-baked pastries, cheesecakes and more. The Croissant Moon Bakery is open all day.
Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous™
Step into the big top, where bizarre creatures perform and acrobats twirl high overhead as you eat! With fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza, cheeseburgers, chicken caesar salad and more on the menu, this is a great place for kids!
The Burger Digs
This is where the staff paleontologists of Jurassic Park take a break from unearthing fossils and dig in to delicious burgers, garden burgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders and ice cold drinks.
Comic Strip Cafe
Grab a bite at this fun cafeteria-style food court, where the walls are decorated with your favourite comic strip characters! Open from 11am to just before park closing time, you can enjoy fried chicken, fish & chips, hot dogs, burgers, and even Asian & Italian dishes.
Captain America Diner®
Where the heroes hang out – this star-spangled diner is a great place for kids! Tuck into an All-American menu of cheeseburgers, sandwiches, chicken fingers, and crispy chicken salads.
Walk-Up Window Food Stalls
These are just a few of the walk-up windows where you can grab a tasty snack or a drink:
- Cinnabon® - Classic Cinnamon Rolls, Caramel Pecanbon® Rolls, and Cinnabon Stix®.
- Arctic Express - Tasty frozen treats including waffle cone ice cream, sundaes, funnel cakes, and root beer floats.
- Green Eggs and Ham™ Cafe - green eggs and ham sandwiches, hamburgers and cheeseburgers (open seasonally)
- Hop On Pop™ Ice Cream Shop - ice cream sundaes, a sundae on a stick, waffle cones, and root beer floats.
- Moose Juice, Goose Juice – juice, frozen juice, fresh fruit cups, churros, pretzels, and cookies.
- Doc Sugrue's Desert Kebab House - beef, chicken or vegetarian kebabs and greek salads, plus hummus, greek yogurt, fruit cups, pretzels and churros
- Fire Eater's Grill- grilled gyros, fiery chicken stingers, chicken fingers, hot dogs and salads.
- The Watering Hole - hot dogs, wings, chilli, nachos, beer, wine, cocktails and frozen drinks.
Healthy Dining at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Looking for something a bit healthier among the burgers, chips and pizza?
Many restaurants at Universal Orlando offer healthy side options for the adults’ and children’s meals, including trans-fat-free fries, side salad or fruit. For more info about healthy choices, pick up a theme park guides when you arrive.
Everything’s within walking distance
It’s easy to walk from Universal’s Islands of Adventure to Universal Studios Florida and Universal CityWalk, so don’t worry about needing to get any kind of transport between the parks and entertainment complex! Plus guests who stay at a Universal Orlando hotel receive complimentary transportation to Universal's Volcano Bay and Universal CityWalk.
Ride the Hogwarts Express between parks!
If you’re excited about visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, you’ll know all about the Hogwarts™ Express# that takes you between Diagon Alley™ at Universal Studios Florida and Hogsmeade™ at Universal's Islands of Adventure. You’ll have a different journey experience depending on which way you’re travelling, so we recommend to travel one way on one day, and the opposite way on a different day!
Staying at one of Universal Orlando’s hotels?
Guests staying at one of Universal Orlando Resort hotels receive complimentary transportation between their hotel and the parks.
Each hotel puts you within minutes of all three theme parks - Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park - as well as the unforgettable dining and entertainment of Universal CityWalk.
Universal's Islands of Adventure Opening Times
Open 365 days a year
Opening hours normally begin at 9am and closing times vary depending on the season
If you need to know times for a specific date, we recommend checking with the park just before you visit.
Parking at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Parking Prices per day**:
* Not valid during Halloween Horror Nights. Additional restrictions may apply and are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Universal Orlando Resort has an enclosed parking garage with travelators, escalators and lifts.
You are welcome to leave the car park and return the same day without paying again – just make sure you keep your parking ticket with you as you will need to show it at the toll plaza when you re-enter.
- All dining and shopping facilities at Universal Orlando Resort are wheelchair accessible.
- All queues are accessible to guests using manual wheelchairs (with the exception of Pteranodon Flyers at Universal’s Islands of Adventure).
- On some rides and attractions, guests will be able to remain in their wheelchair. On others you may need to transfer to the ride vehicle seating.
- ECVs or electric wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on the rides and attractions at Universal Orlando Resort because of their dramatic movements. Guests will be provided with a standard wheelchair for those rides that can accommodate them.
- Specific boarding requirements are listed at each attraction
- Outdoor stage shows have accessible viewing areas.
Deaf or hard of hearing:
American Sign Language interpreting services are available on a daily basis at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure at no charge. Please refer to the guide map for interpreted performances upon arriving at the resort. [email protected]
Scripts outlining the dialogue in many of the attraction experiences are available in large font and embossed in Braille at the Guest Services lobby at both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Guests must remove all prosthetic limbs before riding the following attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces:
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Guests should properly secure or remove all prosthetic limbs before riding the following attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces:
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
Any guest with prosthetic arms or hands will be required to ensure the limb is properly attached and able to grasp the ride restraint. Certain hand, arm, leg, and joint elements may be required to ride safely. Guests should properly secure all prosthetic limbs before riding attractions to prevent hazards or loss due to ride forces.
How to get to Universal Studios Florida:
Address: 6000 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819
From I-4 Westbound (Downtown Orlando):
- Take I-4 West to exit 74B
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
From I-4 Eastbound (Disney/Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee):
- Take I-4 East to exit 75A
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
From Orlando International Airport:
- Take SR-528 West 11 miles to I-4 East
- Take I-4 East 2 miles to exit 75A
- Follow the signs to Universal Orlando's main parking garage
What can I bring into Universal’s Islands of Adventure?
Universal’s Islands of Adventure has plenty of eateries offering every kind of cuisine imaginable, there’ll be something to suit every palate and pocket, from fine dining to counter service restaurants and walk-up food windows for a quick bite on-the-go..
Because there are plenty of places to eat and drink at Universal's Islands of Adventure, bringing your own food is generally discouraged, but there are some items which are allowed into the park:
- Bottled water
- Baby food/baby formula
- Small snacks that do not require heating
- Any food required for special dietary needs
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
- Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
- Alcohol and glass containers
- Food that requires heating or refrigeration
- Hard-sided coolers
- Soft-sided coolers measuring over 8.5" x 6" x 6"
- Coolers, suitcases or bags with wheels
- Folding chairs
- Clothing with offensive language or content
- Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.
Facilities at Universal’s Islands of Adventure include:
- First aid centres
- Child/baby swap areas
- Locker rental
- Nursing facilities & restrooms
- Kennel boarding
- Postal services
- Wheelchair and pushchair rental
Universal Orlando Resort has 8 hotels.Guests staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel enjoy exclusive theme park benefits:
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the parks open (requires theme park admission;Select attractions)
- Complimentary transportation to and from both theme parks and Universal CityWalk.
- Resort-wide charging privileges with room key
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel.
- COMPLIMENTARY CITYWALK CLUB ACCESS‡ to select venues for the length of your stay (age restrictions apply)
Guests at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel®, or Loews Portofino Bay Hotel can also enjoy:
- FREE* Universal Express Unlimited ride access to skip the regular lines in Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure (Valid theme park admission required. Not valid at Universal’s Volcano Bay).
- Priority Seating at select Universal Orlando restaurants
© 2019 MARVEL.Jurassic Park, Camp Jurassic, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Jurassic Park Discovery Center TM Universal Studios/Amblin. Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends TM & © Ward Productions, Inc. Popeye © 2019 King Features Syndicate, Inc. TM Hearst Holdings, Inc. Jurassic World is a trademark and copyright of Universal Studios and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. Licensed by Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. Dr. Seuss properties TM & © 2019 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. All rights reserved. Cinnabon ® Cinnabon, Inc. Portofino Bay Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort TM & © 2019 UCF Hotel Venture. All rights reserved. Hard Rock Hotel ® Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster TM Walter Lantz.