Amongst all the bad news circulating right now, there’s some good in regards to Florida theme parks and attractions. While a few have already opened under strict social distancing rules, each day another follows, and we’re here to keep you in the loop as theme parks look to reopen.
Please bare in mind that each theme park / attraction will have its own set of guidelines, but we expect strict social distancing rules and a limited number of guests at each one. We recommend checking these out before booking your tickets!
What’s Already Open?
Here we’ll look at what’s already open to the public.
Universal Orlando Resort
Great news for all you theme park fanatics! All three Universal Orlando parks are open, but granted, things are a little different to how they were before. As with all the attractions featured, safety measures are in place, including:
- Everyone will be required to wear a face covering during their visit. If a guest doesn’t have a face covering, we’ll have them available for purchase.
- Temperature checks for every guest
- Strict social distancing
- Opening hours 9am to 6pm / Volcano Bay 10am to 5pm
We don’t expect any of these safety features to take away the fun, and if anything, the parks will be quieter with smaller queues and lesser wait times. Get your tickets now!
Universal Orlando’s shopping and dining district was the first section of the park to open. Select shops and restaurants are accepting guests but expect temperature checks, limited guests and parking hours. Book now!
Many restaurants are opening, including Tin Rood, Sugar Factory, Yard House and Tapa Toro. Guests can also enjoy Madame Tussauds and Sea Life, which can also be found in Icon Park.
The following measures are in place at Icon Park:
- Increased sanitation efforts have been implemented and prioritised in common and high-traffic areas
- Face masks are being recommended for our guests and team members in instances where social distancing is not possible
- Restaurants are being encouraged to provide delivery and/or carryout options for diners
- Floor markings that promote social distancing are being placed throughout our queue lines every 10 feet
- Directional signage is being implemented to limit congestion in high foot traffic locations
While the theme parks remain closed for now (more information on their reopening below), Disney’s shopping and dining district is open to guests. The following safety measures are in place:
- Temperature screening for all guests
- Face covering required for all guests
- Limited parking
- Cashless payment required
Get your tickets here!
SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove & Aquatica
Guests can now enjoy SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and Aquatica! At the minute, all parks are welcoming advanced reservations only, but we expect this to change as restrictions start to ease.
Again, things will be slightly different to your usual experience, but the fun element will remain nonetheless. Guests should expect the following:
- Advance reservations required
- Temperature screening on arrival
- Face coverings required for all guests over 2
- Social distancing measures in place
- Animal interactions will be modified and only tours allowing for physical distancing will operate
- Meet-and-greets will be modified or removed
Kennedy Space Centre Visitor Complex
The visitor complex at Kennedy Space Centre reopened on May 28. Guests can enjoy the following attractions during the initial reopening phase:
- Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame (no pre-shows)
- Rocket Garden
- Nature and Technology
- Space Shuttle Atlantis (no pre-shows)
- NASA Now
- Journey to Mars
- Character appearances
- Additional photo opportunities located in the Atlantis West Pavilion.
The Kennedy Space Centre Bus Tour will be remain closed, but all the above and select restaurants will be open from 10am to 4pm. Book tickets here!
Boggy Creek recently reopened from 10am to 10pm with limited seating capacity to 9 passengers per boat!
The Kissimmee attraction is open from noon to 9pm, with shops and restaurants operating at 50% capacity. Outdoor seating is provided so you can enjoy the atmosphere while keeping your distance.
If you’re an animal lover, there’s some good news from Wild Florida. The drive through safari tour is now open, so guests can get their wildlife fix from the comfort (and safety) of their vehicle. Book tickets now!
The chance to meet Florida’s famous gators at the Alligator capital of the world is back on! As of May 23, guests can enjoy the excitement and thrills that Gatorland has to offer. The following safety measures are in place:
- All queue lines at have been marked for safe physical distancing based on CDC guidelines
- Reduced capacity
- Frequent sanitation of touch points throughout the day
- All public surfaces throughout the entire park are thoroughly disinfected every night; Added over 50 additional hand-washing and hand sanitiser stations throughout the park
- The Jumparoo Show and Gator Gully Splash-park/Playground will be closed during Phase 1 and 2 due to limited space for proper social distancing
- Guests are also encouraged to wear face masks
Tickets to Gatorland are just £23 for adults and £15 for kids. Grab them here!
Tampa’s biggest and best zooquarium is now open to guests! Our excellent value tickets give you access to the Florida Aquarium home to 7,000 aquatic creatures, and the incredible ZooTampa where more than 1,300 animals are cared for. Expect limited guests and strict social distancing measures.
Getting from place to place on the I-Ride Trolley at Universal Orlando is convenient and affordable, so it’s great to have it back open.
There will be designated seating areas to allow for social distancing and hand sanitiser will be available on each trolley. Face coverings are also encouraged.
What’s Opening Soon?
Here’s all we know about the attractions / theme parks opening in the very near future!
Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom – July 11
As from July 11, guests can enjoy the excitement and magic these two parks offer! Things will be slightly different but no less fun, with the following safety measures in place:
- Reservation System in place to manage limited capacity
- Face covering required
- Temperature screenings in place prior to entry
Please bare in mind that new ticket sales for 2020 are paused. We will keep you updated on when this is relaxed.
Hollywood Studios & Epcot – July 15
Hollywood Studios & Epcot will follow a few days later, reopening to guests on July 15. The same safety measures are in place at all Walt Disney World attractions / parks.
As far as the reopening of Orlando theme parks go, that’s all we know for now. We are receiving updates daily and will keep you guys updated with the latest information as and when it becomes available. For now, head over to our site to make an advanced reservation to one of the most epic theme parks!